From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 1997 16:42:32 +0000
Hi Ya'll,

Just thought I would update everyone on the soap opera that passes for my
life around here.

Again with my email problems- I now know some of the details involved and I
am not at all happy.  Things about my life have been twisted around in such
a horrible way as to not remotely resemble the truth.  There is email going
around about stuff I have said and done.  I want to state outright that it
is a pack of lies and is slanderous.  If you get any email that says
anything about me from any third party, disregard it.  I don't know anything
about it, didn't have anything to do with it and I am digusted by it.

And before this gets twisted out of reality, my absence has been due to
severe depression.  In the last few months, I have moved, started back to
school and got divorced.  I am extremely stressed out and dealing with
depression.  But it turns out that my anxiety and depression are probably
more from my age, 40.  Looks like my hormones are getting ready to shut
down.

Again, I am sorry for bringing this up again.  If this concerned only me, I
wouldn't worry with it too much, but it also involves someone else.  And I
am tired of it.

The gang has been helping me with my finals.  I still have two papers to
write, a short story to rewrite and a novel to read.  Plus one final exam.
Miss Stella is quite versed on Plato so she is helping out with my
philosophy exam.  Pookie Bear is giving me tales of her travels to inspire
my creative writing.  And George, my big boy, is hauling references back and
forth off the shelves for me.  We are all chanting, "just a few more days."

Big hint, 40th birthday is the 10th.

After school is out, I am heading down to Houston for awhile.  Around the
15th.  I am not sure how long I will stay, kinda miss the hot, muggy place.
We'll see how long that lasts once I hit there.

Until then, I will be kinda quiet. Too much going on. I want to thank
everyone for all the kind notes of support. It means a lot to me.

Maggie Mae and the Mid Missouri Mental Mob