Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 08:40:25 -0800
We have always had animals as part of our family.  We have also always
had vet bills of one sort or another.  Last year we lost 3 of our pets to
cancer.  We kept them comfortable as long as it was kind to do so.  The
Vet bills were very high and never ending.  We were grateful for the
kindness of our vets and their ability to help, along with some new
technology that bought us some precious time.  My pets cannot save for
their needs.  So we must.  I deduct a certain amount each week from my
checking account.  In the back of the register I record the amount,
leaving it in the account.  It is for animal emergencies only.  I also
have two credit cards.  One is used for everything, the other used for vet
bills only.  I use the animal funds in the checking account to pay the CC,
if I NEED to.  Sometimes I can leave it alone.

Another method of saving that works for us is to buy nothing that we don't
NEED for a week/two weeks/month, and keep a record.  This amount is added
to savings.  It can become quite a game <G>  This applies to everything,
food, clothes, fun..  It's amazing what our NEEDS really are.  At this
time our 3 fuzzies are healthy.  That can change dramatically over nap
time.  We have a 19 month old Black Lab with elbow dysplasia.  His medical
needs are continuous and will be more expensive as time goes on.  We've
discussed with him the need to find work.  Not holding my breath, but am
saving some $$$.  We NEED to.

In Touch, Ardith
mailto:[log in to unmask]