Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 1994 16:11:14 -0400

  Hiya all, this is my first time writing in and it seems to be protocol
to introduce oneself and ones fuzzies the first time so here goes.
    My name is James and my brother and I live in an apartment with our
two sock drawer loving,cookie stealing,leather chewing but absolutely
adorable furballs Aries and Calico (Calee for short).  We live in Ontario
Canada.

  OK now to the real issue:

 Kristen Herzog :

    about your fridge problem.  I understand your dilemma, most good
ferret books warn owners about fridges because the ferrets like to sleep
next to the fan and everybody who's ever had one has seen the way they
can sometimes wake up in a fury jumping around to get to that itch. The
problem is that it isn't a good idea to block off the back of the fridge
with cardboard.  There are two reasons for this; one is because I doubt
that it's any good for the fridge and ;two because ferrets don't digest
cardboard very well at all, though they like to eat it plenty.  The only
suggestion I could give would be try something like chicken wire ( unless
your fire rats like to chew on metal too.)  We don't have much of a
fridge in our joint but we try to prevent them from frolicking in the
back of it but they've never really given us problems in that department.

 any way , gotta go, later all

*   James and Iain Nesbitt          *
*      and                          *
*   Aries and Calico                *