From:
Himberger Gerri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 07:55:18 -0800
I have Aussies and a Border Collie.  The Border is desperate to know
where all ferts are all the time- he would rather they all stay on the
sofa.  He will lick them endlessly if they allow it.  When I take a
couple of my ferts to the park, the Border keeps track of them- will
actually pick them up and bring them back- much to their eternal disgust.
The Aussies are the bodyguards- no dogs, cats, squirrels.  or people are
allowed near- there has been some snarling at strange dogs and people,
but it alerts me in time to pick everyone up.  While they won't allow
each other to eat out of their food bowls, the ferrets shove their faces
into whoever's food bowl they please.  with no repercussions.  It's
interesting how this has all played out, and how it alters when new
ferrets arrive.

Anyway, my 2 cents.
Gerri