From:
Erica Bowles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:28:52 EDT
I have recently gotten two new ferrets.  I have had them for almost a month
now.  The female is not quite a year old yet and she has developed some
loose stools over the past 24hrs.  The stool is light brown and has the
consistency of grits or maybe cream of wheat.  The stool is not entirely
liquid but not normal either.  I have checked a stool sample (last week)
and I will check another today.  The stool that was checked was negative.
Honey seems to feel good.  She is playing and acting normally, though not
racing and wrestling with Buster as much as usual.  Buster, the other
ferret seems to be fine also.  I think Honey is eating, I offered her some
food from my hand and she ate that.  I am not sure how much she is eating
though.  There is no evidence of vomiting.

Should I be worried?  For what should I be watching?  I am worried about
my baby...any help is appreciated.  Thanks so much,

Erica
Fitz, Honey, and Buster...the ferrets

PS Neither of the new ferrets have met the older ferret, Fitz, yet.