From:
Laraine Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Nov 2005 16:02:59 -0500
About a month ago I posted an inquiry to help my vet find a couple of
ferrets for her 10 year old daughter for Christmas.  Well, the next thing
I know she acquired 2 from a shelter who had just seized all the animals
at someone's house (who had been warned in the past).  Unfortunately, one
of them bites.  I went over to the clinic after school a few days to work
with them.  The day before Thanksgiving the doc decided it wasn't a good
match for her daughter, so I got to adopt them!  I introduced the two new
girls to my four and they all get along great! (whew!).  The little girl
is a dark silver mitt.  She has the sweetest face that looks like she got
into a chimney and has soot smudged on her.  She also has beautiful eyes.
Her name is Fluffles.  The other girl, Cranberry, is a cinnamon (she's
the biter) and looks as though someone took scissors to her tail.  Other
than that, she is beautiful.  I am so glad that I am able to take in
these two sweethearts.  They are having a ball with all the toys, tubes
and warm blankies.  I just sit and laugh at them all playing together.
I do have to be careful, though.  Cranberry and Fluffles will crawl up
my pantlegs and bite my leg when I am trying to clean the bottom of their
cage!  I am hopelessly in love with ferrets!

Laraine