From:
Ariel White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 10:38:22 -0700
Angel-

>the wire and get up on the shelves. They DO manage to get up on them, but
>it is a great struggle for them. (the ramps, they just slide down if they
>try to climb them)  I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and
>what did you do? I hate to see them struggle, but I don't want broken toes
>or other.

When my boyfriend and I were making our wire cage, we were worried about the
same thing.  We used a thick material like denim to cover the floors with
and wrapped it over the edges, attaching it with velro so that it would
stay.  The benefit to this is, we take the material off every once and a
while and we can wash it with the rest of the ferret stuff.  The material
isn't so fluffy that they rip it to shreds with their claws, it's firm
enough that it provides a base but it's still grippable.  And it stays
clean.  :-)

Hope it helps.

Ariel, Jasper and Taz
"Small is the number of them that see with their own eyes, and feel with
their own hearts."      -Albert Einstein

Ariel White                                      [log in to unmask]