From:
MR CHARLES R ONKEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 May 1998 20:48:08 -0500
I had to take Cujo to the emergency vet clinic Sunday.  He had urinary
blockage again.  The vet there catheterized him and then decided to xray
him.  He said the xray showed that the bladder was ok (he had pumped air
into it), but that he could see what he thinks are two masses near it.  He
then removed 20 cc of green crud from the area of the masses.  After calling
another vet to consult (who happens to a partner with Dr. Shaffer who has
operated on Cujo before), they decided it is probably a prostatic cyst.  He
gave me some more baytril for Cujo and I will take him to Debbie Coburn in
Orlando tomorrow so she can take him to Dr Shaffer Tuesday.  The bottle
label says to give him 1 full baytril tab twice a day.  He was on one-fourth
tab once a day last month.  Does this seem high to anyone familiar with this
antibiotic?  I didn't notice the dosage until I got home.

My wife and daughter are out of state, so I'm caring for our four alone.
Cujo is sleeping now (8:45 pm).  They put him under isoflaurene to do the
catheter.  I check every few minutes to make sure he is breathing.

He wouldn't sleep at the vet's today unless I was holding him.  What a
sweetheart.  I think he did it just to make me feel useful.  Keep him in
your thoughts.

Bandit is growing HAIR again.  It has been a month since his adrenal
surgery.  The first couple of weeks, I didn't think he would ever grow hair
again.  He was bald except for head and feet.  Now he has beautiful black
hair coming in all over.  Sorry if this is rambling.  I'm a little shell
shocked.  And to top everything off, my truck has a nail in one of the
tires.  To hell with it.  Ferrets first.  I'll get the tire fixed some
other time.

Charlie in Kissimmee