From:
Tillie & Amy Evers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 1996 19:10:34 -0700
In defense of Pet Stores, I have to put in my .02 worth.  (No BIG... I don't
expect to get paid!  :) ) When, after careful consideration and info
gathering, I decided it was time to acquire my first ( and only, so far )
Ferret, I ended up at a Pet Store because it was my only choice as far as I
knew.  I still don't know of any breeder even remotely close to where I
live, and I hadn't found the FML yet.  I didn't even have the computer yet.
Well, yes this pet store uses shavings as most still do out there, but the
babies were healthy,(MFF) reasonably well fed (MF feed I think, it was fishy
pellets), had water, etc.  After I picked Katie out the owner proceeded to
tell me that Ferrets needed High quality food with at least 32% protein,
high in fat, not foods high in corn..... She also told me about bathing and
ear and nail care, and said I should get a book on ferret care.  So,
although all pet stores are not perfect, there are some that have at least
some knowledge and do try to pass it on.  And there are some people that buy
from pet stores that are NOT buying on impulse, but may not have much of a
choice.

My Katie also sleeps like she's dead sometimes.  It takes a lot of shaking,
tickling, etc.  to wake her, or.... just pick her up, then she's instantly
awake!

Katie also is fascinated by babies.  One of her favorite people is my
youngest nephew who was just a year old when I got Katie.  She would seek
him out whenever she could, and play with him.  But she would run & hide
from the older kids (4-10).  She has never nipped any of the kids, though
she is very picky about who gets kisses.  She won't kiss one of the boys for
anything.

Markos, I sure hope you find your little Zoe.  Please don't be too hard on
yourself, even the most conscientious, diligent person is allowed a mistake
now & then.  Its not like you tossed her out the door intentionally.  Good
luck, keep trying!

Amy & Katie ( I'm sure glad my mom found me at the pet store!)
"Here's Dookin' at you Kit!"