Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 94 15:12:35 CDT
Linda,

        The Chicago vet you mentioned is Dr. Susan Brown at the Midwest Bird
and Exotic Animal Hospital in Westchester, IL.  For address/phone I'd have to
get the business card which my husband currently has.  The practice itself
actually sees only about 18% ferrets (which is actually quite a lot compared
to most general small animal practices), but Dr. Brown herself, I understand,
sees most of them when she's there, and she's been doing ferret medicine for
18 years.  She does do a lot of outside speaking, though, as you said, so I
don't know how often she's actually there -- I have heard that she is often
not there, but I'm certain after speaking to two of her three
partners/associates that they would do a very good job, too.  If you don't
have easy access to a street address for this practice (i.e. a phone book or
don't feel like calling directory assistance) let me know -- I'll get a hold
of that business card.  My husband and I both just this past weekend at the
Greatest Ferret Show on Earth managed to tentatively line up externships
there for February `96.  Maybe we'll see you around!

Laura,
Trella and Tribble,
and Ian

Laura L'Heureux Kupkee