From:
Kathy Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 14:34:45 -0500
Felix is my sweet-toothed ferret.  Although I haven't seen such an extreme
reaction to chocolate, I'm sure to get kissed on the lips if I've just eaten
some.  In fact the day I picked him up from his former owner (who had
developed allergies to him) Felix went nuts sniffing my face because I'd
just been drinking soda in the car.  He's been known to scale my roommate's
desk to get at Coke cans, which he then proceeds to push all over the
apartment.

Just where did this come from?  I can't tell you for sure, but I certainly
wasn't surprised by it.  His former owner, Peter, had earlier told me about
Felix's adventure with a Twinkee.  Seems that Felix's first adventure onto
Peter's bed was to get at a Twinkee that had been left unguarded.  Peter
left the Twinkee on the bed thinking that it would be safe since Felix had
never gotten onto the bed before, but Peter forgot about my warnings that
ferrets are very resourceful.  He came back into his room to find Felix had
eaten about 1/4 of the Twinkee and was quite angry when he had to give it up.

Now before anybody flips about this, this happened probably about 2 years
ago and Felix is just fine.  Needless to say, tough, I watch him very
carefully whenever I have anything sweet in my room.  But I will admit that
I do give in to him once in while, but it's usually with stuff like popcorn
(no kernels and very little if any butter).

Kathy
Felix "Scratch my back and I'll give you more kisses."
Mazie "Hey, look at my new coat. Isn't it beautiful?"