From:
Melanie Hough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 16:40:13 -0500
A few days ago I posted about my ferret who had a couple of attacks of
pawing at the mouth.  Thanks to all who responded.  I took him to a vet in
the samll town where I am in  college to have bloodwork done.  Today I found
out that his glucose level was 20.  I understand that this is pretty good
indication of insulinoma, is this true?  I will be taking him and his test
results to a guy in Charlotte who sees only exotics and is more experienced
than the other vet.  I would appreciate any info anyone can give me on
insulinoma (treatments, how long your ferret lived with it, what it was
like)  Cassidy is my first baby and I am completely heartbroken over this.
To top it all off, my ten year old cat died two days ago.  How much worse
can things get?  Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Melanie