From:
ferretsrcool <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 08:54:37 -0800
Hi; I am posting this to both the FML & the FAIML so this may be a repeat
for some.  I took my ferret "ratty" to see Dr. Weiss in Potomac, MD
yesterday and she is now in his study for medication to treat adrenal
disease.  She is taking .2 ml/day of 2 medications: arimidex & casodex,
which are used in breast cancer treatment.  One surpresses estrogen and one
surpresses testosterone.  I was told that ferrets who have taken this show
improvement within a relatively short period of time--regrowth of hair,
vaginal swelling reduces, energy increases--and there have been no reported
side effects.  She had blood drawn for the Tenn.  blood panel yesterday,
and will be checked again in about 4 weeks.  I will keep folks updated on
her progress, and I am also wondering if there is anyone out there whose
ferret has been on this medication already, and what the results were.  By
the way, there is an absolutely gorgeous Himalayan cat, only 1 1/2 yrs old,
up for adoption in his office that someone dumped at the clinic.  This cat
is stunning and loves people, but not other cats.  He really is exquisite,
and I would have taken him home with me but i cannot have a cat due to an
allergic roommate.

Also I am, as usual, sorry to hear about more fuzzies who are sick or who
have passed away.  there are people driving 5 hours to get their ferrets in
this study, while others just blatantly neglect and abuse theirs.  What a
pathetic shame.

I hope everyone is well; hug your stinky weasels!!

ann & guida (rat-monster)