From:
Joyce Meadows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 1996 21:57:31 -0600
Someone described a book about a ferret named Linguini....

That sounds a lot like a book I read earlier this year: _Zucchini_.  It's a
kids' book (hey, you're never too old) about a black-footed ferret.  He
escapes from a zoo, lives at an amimal shelter for a while (where he meets a
little boy), escapes the shelter, is eventually found, and gets to live with
the boy.  'Course, there's a lot more to the storyline, but that's mostly
what I remember.  And the animal shelter was more like a wildlife rehab
place than an ASPCA or etc.  shelter....

just my late-night 2 cents...
-joyce (Yawn...10 pm....and I have to get up at 5...)
-Seth the Unblinking (just let us stay out all night   we will wake you up
        at five)
-Emma (yeah    we will even wake you up early to make sure youre on
        time how about four am    or three or two)