From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:21:03 -0500
Dear FMLers,
It finally happened.  I was thoroughly embarrassed!!!  I hope this post
will amuse some of you:-)

I had to take two (of the 13) of my guys to the vets' last Thursday:-o I
held Bee Bee while they drew blood- The hair they shaved from his throat
stuck to my sweater- and I did get a little poopie on my knee.  I left the
vet and dropped Bee Bee off at home ( Rascal stayed for a tumor removal).
I hurried straight to work without changing my clothes.  Right after lunch,
my boss signaled to me-she wanted to see me in her office for a minute.
I couldn't think of anything I'd done wrong- so I sat down and faced her.
She looked everywhere except at my face- "I don't know how to tell you
this," she said, " this is so hard for me.." I held my breath, not quite
sure what she was going to say.

"Marlene, I've received three e-mails this morning- and I admit, I can
smell it, too.  You smell LIKE YOUR FERRETS!  " She sat there, looking at
me with a pained expression on her face.  Like the smell hurt her.

I laughed.  "I can't imagine WHY I smell like a ferret. I did take two to
the vets this morning." I said.

"No, we've smelled ferrets on you before." she said. "It's just a stronger
smell today.  Frankly, it's interferring with some of our employees work.
I'm sending you home, now." She wasn't laughing.

"You'll have to do something different in your morning routine so that you
won't have that musky smell on you.  It's not a body odor.  We just can't
stand that wild animal smell!"

I was truly mortified.  And hurt.  I anounced to the whole office that I
was being sent home early because I smelled like my ferrets and that I
ceratinly hadn't meant to offend anyone, but that I personally LOVE THAT
SMELL.  In fact, I can't even smell it!  The only thing I smell from the
ferts is an occasional poof, or if I scoop up Biz, our whole hob (soon to
be neutered) he DOES have his own SPECIAL smell.  But it's a GOOD SMELL.
My husband and kids got a good laugh out of it.  My step-daughter told me I
always smelled like a ferret.  Now, whenever someone walks up to me at the
office, I automatically step back-

I can't tell if I smell or not!  Everyone's been teasing me.  Sigh.
Forty-one years old, and sent home for smelling bad!  Now I'm showering
after every morning's mucking-out AND washing my hair everyday- The clothes
are put on right out of the dryer- Although I did bump into some poop on my
way out the door yesterday.  Had to double back and change pants!  But I'm
working on it!  Hug your stinky fuzzies for me!

From the Smelly Ferret Mom!!!