Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 22:21:18 -0800
Dooks all ~!

Started out this morning with a really freaky dream.

I saw a DEW curled up and laying on the floor.  I picked it up and it's
body was rock stiff and cold.  Obviously dead.  I started saying things
like 'Oh, you poor baby' and held it close.

I went to put it in a cage so I until I could wrap it in blankies for a
farewell.  I opened the top of the cage (which was very tall) and the DEW
slipped from my hands striking the floor of the cage with a sickening
'thud'.  I started to cry saying, "I'm sorry ... I'm so sorry".

The DEW then jumped up and started wardancing and dooking.  It sprang out
the top of the cage, pranced around and ran off.

Needless to say, I woke with a start.

At first I thought it had been because I was at the Giving Tree site the
previous night.  There was a boy there who reminded me so much of my dear
departed Simon (DEW).  Then I got scared thinking maybe something had
happened to one of the kids.

I went to check the kids that had been out in the play area all night,
thinking one may be in trouble.  There was plenty of light from the
bedroom, so I didn't bother to turn on the lights.  I noticed the oddest
thing.  3 of them were awake and sitting motionless in different areas of
the playpen.  All of them were looking up at the ceiling ... just staring
up.  I looked and looked and could see nothing.  No glare, nothing that
may attract their attention.  After a few seconds they went and layed
down.  They seemed oblivious to my presence.

The kids in the cages were all sound asleep and fine.

Makes me wonder if maybe, just maybe, we did have a 'visitor' this
morning.

The Way Kewl Kritter Crew    [log in to unmask]
Oregon Ferret Shelter volunteer http://www.OregonFerretShelter.com
Pacific Ferret Shelter Network member http://www.FERRETNET.ORG