From:
Gina Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 17:26:50 -0500
Hi, everybody!

THANK YOU'S
If I have not already sent you a personal "Thank You," I want to be sure to
publically thank everyone who has responded to my questions regarding
enlarged spleens and introducing new ferrets to older, only ferrets.  I
think it is so wonderful when folks take time out of busy days to share
their knowledge and to offer support.  I'll try to repay the favor by
helping other people when I can.

PALEFACE UPDATE
Boy, I'm in a quandry now.  Paleface has been on antibiotics for a few days
now (Trimeth sulfa).  He seems to really be perking up.  I'm trying to be
objective in evaluating his behaviour (after all, I'd rather that he
_didn't_ need surgery), but he honestly does seem to be more active.

In two and one-half weeks, he goes to the vet again.  I suppose, at that
time, we'll make a decision regarding spleen removal based on his progress.
Hopefully, he was just victim of a low-grade infection.  If it's any
indication, the "cough" that he had developed seems to have cleared up.

ALOE VERA
Just a note on aloe: It's a _wonderful_ plant; I wouldn't be without one.
Aloe is wonderful for healing not only burns but any skin wound.  HOWEVER,
(knew that was coming, didn't you?), aloe in the plant form is not good to
consume.  Aloe can be a powerful laxative.  You will probably want to keep
those aloe plants hanging or on high stands out of fuzzy reach.  You thought
eating soap was bad...

TAO FULL OF DETOURS
purchase this book.  To my knowledge, it is only available through:

California Domestic Ferret Association & Ferretware Gifts
Hildy Langewis
P.O. Box 21040
Castro Valley   CA      94546
800-FERRETW

Of course, these folks are also a great cause!

See y'all next time!

Gina
and
Paleface