From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 May 2009 23:41:21 -0700
http://www.avma.org/issues/animal_welfare/euthanasia.pdf

Gunshot to the head, and decapitation, top the AVMA list.

However, one has to take into account the fear beforehand, as well as
ability to correctly place blows, etc.

The OP posted anonymously. But if they were from the US - I would not
worry. We will always have use of cars, and the ability to take pets
with us. If you have more than what you can take with you, have a back
up plan. Someone who can take them who is outside of your area (if you
have a disaster), someone who is out of state, and someone who is
across the country.

We never know what will happen. I have contacts everywhere in case
something happens. If I have to throw them all in a carrier and they
go hungry for days while I lug them around, so be it, but I won't be
running anywhere without them anytime soon.

Laryssa