From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:30:08 -0400
Here is the Science News article on how amber is the color light that
has the least negative effect on the body's own melatonin production:

http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20060527/bob9.asp

Week of May 27, 2006; Vol. 169, No. 21 , p. 330
Light Impacts

Hue and timing determine whether rays are beneficial or detrimental

by Janet Raloff

I know I had a post here when the article came out, the same as I did
for related articles so details and further links can be found in
those in the FML Archives.

Previous studies show that the worst color light for disrupting the
body's own melatonin production is blue, followed closely by green.
(So, think blue to wake up and amber to get drowsy.)

Sukie (not a vet)
Current FHL address:
Recommended ferret health links: