From:
"SHELLEY R. ABARE" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 19:40:20 -0500
Hi Roxi,

Good luck and best wishes on your soon to be new member of the family.  I
live in Florida and I have no A/C in my house.  My guys handle 100+ deg.
(farenhiet) temps with 90% or more humidity routinly.  They are out of
direct sun light, we use LOTS of fans, though not on them directly, and
make sure there is plenty of water at all times.  We got all of our
babies in the late summer/early fall, so it wasn't too bad.  They got
acclimated with no problems.  Also, we have no heat.  Having just
returned from a trip to Perth, I learned that that is common condition
over there too.  We gave our baby lots of blankets and covered the cage
at night.  The Kerosene fumes made him cough, so we put him in another
room until the fumes disapated, then brought him back in with us.  (we
only had one last winter, have three now).Anyway, summer, lots of water,
no direct sunlight, plenty of air circulation.  Winter, add blankets and
cover at night.

Kiss your fuzzies.  If you don't know why, they do.
Shelley