From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2008 11:34:39 -0400
Peanut's eyes haven't opened yet, but he has learned to play! This
morning he was attacking mom Georgia's tail and pouncing on her back.
He is also exploring the Hole to the Great Unknown, but Georgia pulls
him back in if he lingers too long in the doorway. He samples the food
in the Bowl of Plenty, but Mom's milk is still the best.

If you haven't peeped in lately, he's grown a lot and looks like a
real ferret instead of a peanut!
http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/NorthAmerica/default.cfm?cam=BFF

This morning I saw them put the lid with camera on another nest box
so that we can again see the Hole. Perhaps they switch the box out
completely every couple of weeks so the can thoroughly clean and
disinfect it.

We have raised $949 for the Smithsonian's BFF reproductive research and
Travis. I'll see if there are any more checks in today's mail, and then
get checks off to them tomorrow.

Many thanks to the generous donors!

Linda Iroff
International Ferret Congress