From:
Tony O'Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 13:50:38 -0000
Hi All

I live in part of the UK where we have lots of wild polecats, I see many
killed on the roads.

Talking about raw eggs, we have several free range poultry farms and lot
of people with poultry and ducks in their gardens.  When I was last
talking to my locale vermin control officer he said that he was setting
live traps at almost all the poultry farms and in private gardens because
the locale wild polecats had found that by raiding these places they could
get a supply of eggs almost all the year.

He opened the back of his van to reveal a set of six traps all with live
polecats in and said that as the polecat is protected species in the UK
he had to find some where away from this area to release them

http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/house-ferrets
Ant / Tony O'Sullivan President/Secretary SMWR inc. NHFA, UK