From:
Michelle Nadorozny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 1997 16:10:38 -0400
I'm desparately seeking an experienced ferret doctor in the Detroit area!

My ferret is about 5 years old, and none of the vets I've found in this area
have even seen a ferret that old!

Squirt went through a period in which he would vomit every time he ate.  The
most experienced vet I found ran lots of tests and did not come to any
conclusion.  He believes that Squirt has a pancreas tumor and is therefore
hypoglycemic.  Does anyone have more info for me?

I rejected exploratory surgery because the vet said that those types of
tumors aren't curable anyway.  The good news is that Dr. prescribed
Pediapred (which I think is some type of steriod), and Squirt is feelling
fine.  He doesn't vomit anymore, and has gained back all of the weight that
he had lost.  According to Dr., Squirt should have died about a year ago!  I
would appreciate any info that is available.

Also, Squirt has cataracs in both eyes.  He moves slower, but doesn't appear
to be greatly inconvenienced.  I just don't move the furniture anymore!
Does anyone have info about ferret cataracs?

Shelly, Squirt and PB (ferret #2)