From:
Deva Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2012 07:37:51 -0700
Times are hard and unfortunately, they might get even worse before
things improve. Money is becoming tighter. It is the shelters that
suffer the most at these time. People are thinking about their own
survival and less is donated; less is spent on raffles and auctions
to support shelters.

More often than not, it is the shelter owners who spend their money
on ferret vet bills, food and bedding. As the times get harder, the
ferrets still have to eat and see vets. So many ferret shelter owners
have been going without many of the basics they need in their personal
life, the things we take for granted. These are not one-time
sacrifices, but long-term ones.

There are shelter owners that have cut the quality of their lives to
the barest of basic levels. All for the love of a tiny, furry, lovable
animal that someone else possibly discarded with no thought to its
well-being. Thank God that someone took up the responsibility for the
survival of this pet.

Running a shelter is hard work. Their is the daily cleaning of cages
and play areas, all the feedings and checking the ferrets and their
poops for illness. Staying up all night with sick or dying ferrets,
all the desperate runs to the vet emergency. No time for vacations,
no time for so many things. The shelter owners private life is put
on hold for years.

These precious people will someday have a fur-line path to the Rainbow
Bridge as all the ferrets they have helped and saved will be their
greeters and their ticket into the Ferretone covered gates of the
Rainbow Bridge. Would it be so difficult for the rest of us to help
them a little? Just a little from a lot of people equals a LOT.

Please support a shelter (s). Even if it is small, it is so appreciated
and so helpful. I promise I will even do better myself. Please join me.

Deva