From:
Minta Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 08:04:07 -0700
Please tell me they do.  Our last remaining ferret, Ralphie, he's been
very healthy and low-key up 'til now.  He's a big fan of hangin' out in
hammies and watching people.  Anyway, he's been doing multiple little pee
spots in the same place, more or less, 2 or 3 times while he's out.  It's
on the carpet, right next to his cage.  I am not worried about the ferret
pee in the carpet thing, it is nothing compared to the cat; however, this
is the same behavior Linus did when he started his adrenal thing.  That
is, peeing 3 or 4 times in an hour.  The pee spots are never very big,
nickel-sized, I guess.  Ralphie's hair is still all on him.  I would ask,
which comes first, constant peeing or hair loss, but I tend to think not
every ferret shows the same adrenal issues.  I don't see Ralphie doing
this in the cage though.  So, is he marking?  He's about 4 now, I think.

Minta & Ralphie