From:
Pam Sessoms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:37:11 -0500
Dr. Williams,

THANK YOU sooooo much for your help!  I am MUCH more relaxed now.  :-)

>I think I'd tread lightly with treatment here, especially without any
>definitive symptomatology (tooth grinding or tarry stools) of an ulcer.

As for the ulcer possibility, yesterday I saw her have a long session of
tooth-grinding when she tried to eat some kibble.  First time for that.  I
didn't mention it before because the post was already so long, but she has
been getting carafate every six hours for the last several days since it
probably wasn't going to hurt anything and could possibly help her feel
better.  So I do think we're going to go with a full Helicobacter treatment
at this point, but we're going to try it with the Biaxin treatment protocol
instead of the amoxi/flagyl/PB one to hopefully stress her out less.  I'll
try anything to avoid giving my old sweety flagyl!  Her insulinoma is
luckily doing fine right now, with fasting levels consistently around
100-120.

Thanks again for your help - you are a gem!

-Pam S.