From:
Dana Goessl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 23:08:41 -0500
Hi all,

I hope everyone had a great holiday.

If you live in the North east or else where when the weather is horrible,
we need all the heat that we can get.

We have both a pellet stove and a kerosene heater.  The pellet stove has
been ferret poofed the day we got it and I found out that there were places
where they could get into the workings of the thing.  Well the kerosene
heater doesn't get used much, but one day I brought it in and used it.
Never while the children were out doing their thing around the family room.
But a few days ago I had the kids out and hadn't put the kerosene heater
back into the garage.  Well my one kid, Nicky, found a way to climb up on
the thing and got stuck.  Thankfully only a cut that bled well but required
no medical attention other than cleaning and making sure it wasn't a deep
cut.

This is just to warn all of us that something that we need to use, at
times, isn't just a danger when it is on but when it is off.  I never
would have though that a ferret could figure out how to climb up a smooth
surface.  But he did find a way.  If one can than others can.

My babies never cease to amaze me.  I am just very thankful that we kept a
tradgedy from happening.

My thoughts and prayers to all that have lost fuzzies.