From:
"Capt. Nodrog" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 13:41:28 -0500
Is Saturday, about 48 hours after BYte-me's near death experience by my
not seeing her sneak back under the couch, where I set the couch down and
on her upper body/neck.  I still am shaken at the memory of picking her
lifeless body up and being so helpless to do anything for her.  Just the
sight of her body only on the rug with her head and shoulders under the
front bottom edge of the couch brings shivers to me.

Today she is as active as ever, and shows no sign of the event.  I did get
to meet the people from Richmond Ferret Shelter today at Petsmart and some
of their crew.  You cannot have enough ferrets, ya can't help but love
them.  THey have some great candidates for adoption.  Ha!  I wanted them
all!

I also stopped by the Pet Club on Parham road, they have just received a
shipment of baby fuzzballs, they are 6 weeks old.  I wanted all of them
too.  Dang!  I am smitten!  Those little creatures are sooooo loveable.
They are still nurkin (lookin to nurse, but don't know that part of life
for them is history...).  I wonder if 6 weeks is enough time to convert to
solid kibbles.  THey are sooooo small.  THey were biting my hand, but not
in the vicious sense, they were lookin for a tit, were hungry.  That makes
me question the young age.  But, seems it is done all the time, not that it
is correct, but I am questioning it.  Anyone wanna educate me on this?

Again, thanks to all who responded with concern for Byte-me.  SHe is fine,
and I am better educated.

Gordon