Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 08:14:43 -0500
Hey Hey Hey,

I had a ferret named Noble.  He was a rescue and went down hill very fast
after his rescue.  He had many problems.  He had cardiomyopathy, adrenal,
insulinoma and asthma.  For the first 6 months I had him he pretty much
ate and slept.  I often considered giving him that mercy shot because
of the quality of his life.  The only thing that stopped me was the
eagerness of his tounge to meet the gravy bowl.  That boy got so much
pleasure out of that gravy and he was not in pain so he stayed.  He was
hand fed his gravy every 4 hours like clockwork.

Months went by and many adjustments of meds.  Many $$$'s spent.  Noble
got more and more active as well as more and more loving.  Before Noble
left us on his last adventure, he was climbing trees!!  I am so glad
that I never gave up on him and that his lil tounge kept him alive.  He
got some very good quality in the end.

My criteria for the mercy shot is for the ferret to have a terminal or
non curable illness and to be in obvious pain.  Until then, there is
hope.  I would not have Noble missing his tree climbing or his last
dances.  He deserved that and more.

HappyTails,
Karen and the Scruff You Gang