From:
"Diane L. Hinck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:51:19 -0500
Somehow I was booted from the mailing list a while ago, and I've been so
busy I never re subscribed until now.  I had to help my Sammy cross to
Rainbows Bridge on Sat the 17th.  I built a memorial for him and know that
everyone on this list loves ferrets, so please say a prayer for him.  He
was always my big healthy boy until about 2 weeks ago- seems that adult
lymphoma snuck up on us and took him within 2 weeks of signs/symptoms.
His girlfriend Nipper is still here with me, and she's been on pediapred
for almost a year now.  We both miss Sammy so much and want everyone to
give their little fuzzies an extra hug and kiss from us.  So far cancer
has struck all 5 of my ferrets- with Nipper still fighting it.  Can't we
all get together and do something about the early altering of these little
guys?  I have read tons of articles and research on ferrets for about 7
years now, and it seems that this is the problem in the US which starts at
the breeders.  It hurts so much to lose yet another of my kids- especially
so quickly.  I can't get any other babies at this time because of Nipper's
condition, and I know that I am blessed to have still have her to help me
get through this difficult time.

Please visit Sammy at
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Sammy009/resident.HTM

My other babies are:
Gizmo at http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Gizmo030/resident.HTM

Beanie Baby at
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Beani002/resident.HTM

Lil' Rat at http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/LILRA001/resident.HTM

A Blessed Thanksgiving to everyone. I am thankful for the 3 F's: Family,
Friends & Ferrets!
Diane L. Hinck (and Nipper)