From:
Debbie Utter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 18:40:16 -0400
Just saw a ferret sighting on the local news.  WBNG-TV just had a brief
news spot about an unlikely pair of fur friends: a cat and a ferret!  The
pair live in Austin, TX and had to be given up for adoption.  There was a
stipulation that the pair had to be adopted together, and they were.  Showed
the cat and ferret playing together.  Very brief news spot, but made me
smile.  I live in central NY, so to see news of this pair all the way from
TX is awesome!

I have to get rid of my reclining couch and chair.  They're only four years
old, but when I got them I didn't have ferrets!  They don't go together!
I've given up trying to keep the ferrets out of them (there are too many
ways to get inside); they've ruined the carpet under the footrests from
repeated digging, and have frayed the footrests from digging to get back
out.  To minimize further damage to the furniture and carpet, all three
footrests are kept raised up.  They have also completely ruined the fabric
covering the bottom, and I've had to cut it off.  This set sits almost on
the floor--I can barely get my fingers under--but it's enough for the
ferrets to get under.  I'm going to try to cover the entire sofa with flat
sheets sewn together until I can sell the furniture.  I'm hoping to have
better luck with a futon, but from catalog pictures it appears that most of
them have a vinyl cushion.  Is that true?  Won't the ferrets' nails ruin
the cushion?  Please offer your comments or suggestions--I'm desperate!

I've posted before about the 2yo male ferret we adopted about two months
ago from Massachusetts.  Not sure what color he is, but he looks alot like
Modern Ferret's Ralph--a blaze, white face and throat, white toes and tail
tip, and a grayish color everywhere else.  We figured out a few weeks ago
that he's deaf.  We still haven't settled on a name--I've never had such a
hard time naming a pet! :-)   We're considering Ghost, Shadow, Whisper,
Slink, Blaze, Bandit, and others.  We have another male, a sable named Brae.
Collectively I call them The Boys.  Any suggestions for names would be
appreciated!