From:
Rebecca Katlin Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 12:56:34 -0500
Hello everyone,

I unfortunately will be going off-line very soon (Feb.  10th probably my
last day) as I am losing my day job.  As some of you know, I am an actress
and with pilot season looming I doubt I will have access to a computer, and
more importantly the FML, for several months :(.  My problem is that I STILL
do not know of a ferret knowledgable vet in the southern california area.
Originally I was seeking a good vet so that I could have Jitterbug and
Monkey's teeth cleaned, but once I am off-line I worry what if I need a good
vet for other more serious problems.  One or two places were suggested to
me, but when I called they didn't clean teeth on ferrets.  I assume if they
can't do a procedure like that then they probably aren't really very ferret
knowledgeable.  My only current option is a vet that is pretty far away and
VERY expensive.  At least I think he's very expensive (that's the one who
charges $160 a peice to clean their teeth).  Only one person told me how
much they pay for a teeth cleaning and it was about $17 including the office
visit!  Of course, she has many, many, ferrets and I know her vet gives her
a discount, but the price difference is unbelievable.  She told me her vet
does not put the ferrets completely under, but gives them a sedative by
injection.

Since I got only one response about the cost of teeth cleaning, I am
wondering if most people don't really get their ferrets teeth cleaned.  If
anyone out there HAS done it and thinks the $160 is a reasonable price,
please let me know and I will go to the one vet that I have found.  Or if
anybody else knows of a vet anywhere thats anywhere within a 2 hour drive
from Los Angeles, who is good, please let me know.

Thanks so much for everything, I don't know what I will do after the 10th
without the FML.

Love and Dooks,

Rebecca, Monkey and Jitterbug