From:
Tony Mastropolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 22:17:29 +0200
Kathy Rich (great e-mail address) asked the question about permits in New
Jersey.  Since I live in NJ and have a permit, I guess I can answer.

You are supposed to have a permit for ferrets in New Jersey.  The cost is
$10 for all the ferrets you have (not $10 each in case anybody reads it that
way).  Any pet store that sells ferrets should not only have information on
this, but should give you an application when you buy one (not that any of
us buy ferrets from pet stores).

You could also contact the Division of Fish, Game and Wildlife and ask them
to send you an application.

As far as enforcement of the permit, in the 4+ years that we've had ferrets,
no one has ever asked to see our permit.  I guess it's just one of those
things they make you do so that they can generate some revenue (some more
revenue!!) off of us.

We get it every year just in case.

Happy Income Tax Filing Day to everyone.

Tony and Nicky, Lucy, Toby, Kayla & LuLu (and some cats too)

PS: How did youse in CA make out with the ferret bill today??