From:
Chris Kibler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 16:17:08 -0700
Because Fish and Game refuses to take ferrets off the wildlife list, we
are seeking help from our state legislation.  Please write to your state
assemblyman and state senator, even if you have done so in the past.  We
need to keep this issue on their minds.  We are currently working to get
Senator Steve Peace to author a bill for next year.  Senator Dede Alpert
sent a representive to the latest Fish and Game meeting and is not happy!
She is willing to sponsor a bill, but not comfortable writing it.  Please
send letters of thanks to her for sending someone to the meeting, and
encourage her to continue to support legalization.

If you want to know who is your assemblyman or senator, go to
http://www.ca.gov
Click on the left hand side on Government
Select either Assembly or Senate from the California's Legislature list

Numbers and $$ make an impression.  We need your help.  We are asking each
ferret owner to take $1, write the name of your ferret, your zip code, and
send it to Ferrets Anonymous P.O.  Box 3395, San Diego, CA 92163, or your
local FA chapter.  If your ferret is gone, please mark the bill "in memory
of" and your ferrets name.  Send $1 per each ferret.  This will give our
representatives and accurate count of our ferrets.  Fish and Game continues
to say there aren't many ferrets in CA.

Think of it this way, it is a lot cheaper to send a dollar per ferret, than
to pay a fine or legal fees if you are caught with a domestic ferret.
WE NEED ACTION NOW!

If you have any questions feel free to contact me!

Chris K.
Ferrets Anonymous San Diego East County Chair
619-440-8823