Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 07:51:29 -0500
So my SO has finally let himself consider the idea of adding a fuzzy to our
menagerie, 3 cats, 1 dog and a multitude of fish.  We consider ourselves
pretty thoughtful pet owners and have spent the last few weeks reading
everything we can get our hands on.  The Web has a ton of info!

So this is our dilemma.

Seems like ferrets have a lot of potential health problems.  According
to some folks I've spoken to, inbreeding and too early neutering may
contribute to decreased lifespan, adrenal problems and tumors.

The obvious choice is to find a breeder who can supply us with a whole young
ferret from their own stock which would be not too terribly inbred.

So first I have to find a breeder who will ship an unsterilized kit to Mass.

Then we have a whole ferret for 6 months, which I'm told has it's
challenges, including an odor unparrelled by most ferrets and in males,
marking and agression!

Arrgghh?  What to do?  What is the truth?  How can we have our own playful,
happy, well cared for ferret and insure the best health for him/her?

ADP