From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 14:51:30 EDT
************
When a ferret is exposed to adv... he may or may not eventually develop the
full spectrum of symptoms of ad.  The ferret my have no obvious symptoms
and lead a relativley full life (but will still be contagious to others).
*********

That may not be true.  We do not yet know if a ferret is a carrier or
not.  There are ADV+ ferrets out there that are *not* shedding the disease.
There are people with ADV+ ferrets living in the same cage with ADV-
ferrets for over two years.

**Yes, it's best that if they are positive, treat them like they are
shedding the virus, but it is not necessarily true all the time.

 -this was mailed to me and brought to my attention.  Thank you so much
for this lovely annonomous gesture to help get info out there to regular
people.  I am learning more and more each day.  It gets difficult sometimes
as there is some differing conclusions or opionions.  The disease itself
to me is not complicated...its just there isn't a lot known concretely. :)
I had no idea about this information this lovely person sent me...hope it
helps.  it helped me

Wolfy
Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/