Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 1996 15:41:12 -0500
I am writing because a terrible thing has happened.  My year and a half old
butterscotch sable baby, Nip, has disappeared.  From the best that we have
been able to figure out, she must have climbed out of my window Friday
night, somehow managing to get up on the windowsill and to push the screen
out.  It has been 5 days now and I am afraid that I am beginning to think
the worst.  We have searched everywhere, put out food, taken our second
ferret out on a harness to search...no sign of Nip.  I am writing hoping to
get people's advice and opinions about what could have happened to Nip and
how I can search for her.  I have "lost ferret" signs up everywhere.  I am
very worried because I live in western Mass.  and we are expecting
snowstorms soon.

Also, I just wanted to share this loss with everyone on the FML because I
know that all of you can appreciate what a loss this is to me in a way that
other people cannot.  Nip was my first ferret, and she was very sweet and
docile--- real loving.  She used to love to eat peanut butter off my finger
and hide my socks, and we often snuggled together on cold nights.  She was
ticklish and liked the taste of shaving cream and had a stuffed cow that she
carried around with her everywhere.  She was a good sister to my other
ferret Spike and just a beautiful, wonderful creature to live with.  I can't
believe she is gone!  I fear she may have crossed the Rainbow Bridge many
years too soon.

Signed,
Grieving mother Eva and lone ferret Spike
P.S. Spike is extremely depressed. I would also appreciate any advice on
how to help grieving ferrets.