Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2013 02:40:15 -0400
As I mentioned, this was one specific 30 lb. bag with an exp date of
7/18/2014. I have used the TLV kibble for a few years now and never had
this problem. My original email to Performance Foods said that 20-30%
of the kibble in this bag was way too big for ferrets to safely eat.
Upon further examination today, it's definitely more than half of
the bag, and probably closer to 2/3 of the contents, so my original
estimate was way low. A ferret can MOST DEFINITELY get a piece of this
kibble stuck in his or her throat and choke to death. This batch of TLV
kibble is cut about 3-4 times as thick as the other batches I've used
in the past. So thick, in fact, that some of the pieces can't even be
broken in half by hand.

I sent my original email to Performance Foods on Sunday night. As of
now, late Tuesday night, no word back from them.

If I don't hear from them on Wednesday, I will call them on the phone
to voice my displeasure at the lack of quality control of this product
and my displeasure at their lack of concern about it... I have been
using their products for years and recommending them to others for a
long time, but I guess all good things must come to an end...

So, if I don't get assurances that this one batch of TLV was an
aberration, then it's time to find a new food company. I will post
the response from them when I get it, whether it's in email form or
over the phone.

Jeff
In Loving Memory of Neo, Sweet Sylvie, Trinity, Morphy, Baby Girl,
Dozer, Possum, Pip, Pop, Sabrina, Minnie Mouse, Hunny, Misty, Frodo,
Baggins, and Mr. Parker
Caring for Luna, Boomer, Zoomer, Bella, Gemini, and Pinky