Date:
Thu, 7 May 1998 09:27:48 -0500
Last fall, we attempted to "rescue" as many of the ferrets as possible from
a Granite City breeder.  He housed them under inhumane conditions.

One of the first rescues to come out was a mother and her kit, being housed
in a 10 gallon aquarium.  Below is the sad ending to the story of the kit.
On a sad note, the little baby that you received from Mr. Robbins passed
away last month.  Tommi has congenital heart failure.  He was being treated
by the University of Wisconsin Veterinary Teaching Hospital and was under
the care of one of the top cardiologist in the country.  We were all very
surprised that he lived as long as he did.  He will be sorely missed by all
here at The Ferret Nook.  His mom has found a very loving home with one of
our members and is doing very well.

I too, greive Tommi's crossing dearly.

Margie