Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 21:37:31 +0000
I just wanted to let you know that Nico crossed the bridge earlier today.
It seems he suffered a fatal stress-related heart attack while the vet
was guiding a catheter through his urethra because his penis had become
swollen since yesterday.

Another vet had administered metronidazole because she thought he had an
infection (0.5cc, 3x/day of a 125mg sol.), to which a second vet (where
Nico crossed) said was excessively high.  We don't know if it was the
result of negligence or what.  I regret I wasn't there to do something.
I believe this could've been avoided if he had gotten proper help.  His
mommy and daddy are still shocked (so am I, and I'm really going to miss
him) because Nico "really" was like their youngest son.

I just ask Nicky (my wife's french puddle who crossed 2 weeks ago because
of a tragic car accident) to not be afraid of Nico (the sweetest little
guy who loved to cuddle) and take care of Nico (who was like my little
brother).

Peace.

JL