From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 10:03:38 -0500
>From:    swamp <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Biters, Ferret lingo, politics and (gasp!) MF
>Ms. (I ride a broomstick to work) Shaffer is too modest.  Anyone who's
>entertained the thought of going to work with a ferret attached to her nose
>knows about biting ferrets.  But since there might be other ferret owners
>with similar problems I'll bite too.  ;)

Haha.  Every witch needs a familiar.  I can just see myself zipping along on
the latest model broomstick with my faithful Mithy attached to my face.  In
this weather, I would have been glad for something like her to keep my neck
warm.

She got a booster shot at the vets office Saturday.  Wow, that was scary.
It was the new vet I'd never met before, but I figure if Dr. Daldin hired
him, he must be top-notch.  He's a young guy, and I must admit very
courageous considering Mithril was threatening to rip out his intestines and
shove them down his throat for him.  I said, "Now, Mithy, be a good weasel,"
and he said, "She is!" I guess I shouldn't have worried so much.  He is a
big boy, and I do know how to detach her. :)  I think next time I'll bring
treats for the vet to bribe her with.  She is a big glutton, and even
forgets about biting noses when treats are at stake.  (She was the only
taker on a ham bone yesterday.  So much for improving my ferrets' diets
with bones.)

Mortimer had his booster at the same time.  It was there I realized I have
inadvertantly trained him to give kisses when he wants down.  Lately I've
been picking him up and refusing to release him until I got a kiss.  So the
vet grabs him and feels his belly and looks in his ears and stuff and
Mortimer's pretty sure he's not interested in those needles, so what does he
do?  He kisses the vet!  Quite fearsome.

On the same trip, while waiting for the vet, Mithril decided she wanted to
take a nap, so she grabbed Mortimer by the tail and dragged him into the
kitty carrier.  You should have seen the look on his face!

Edward Lipinsky's description of euthanizing mink: might work on Mithy, but
I'd never make a coat out of her.  It would be dangerous to wear an undead
Mithy close to your face.  :)))

Ferret lingo:  My ferrets know "Going to Grandma's," "Roll Over," "Gimme a
kiss," and "No."  (No means wait until later to try it--when no one is
looking.)

-Catherine (Charms?  Hexes?  Love Potions?)
and the Silver Menace (Oohhh!  Cartilage!  Yumm!)
and the Fear Kisser (Lemme go, please, don't hurt me.  *love love*)
and the Baby (Good, the "dogs" are getting what they deserve.)