From:
"J.A vd Linde" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 22:48:13 +0100
>From:    Wink <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: a sad day
>i tried very hard every day to cuddle her, give her treats and make her like
>us, but i just couldnt.  i called the pet store and asked if i could take
>her back, they said to bring her in, then when they saw the damage she had
>done, they offered to give me a kit from the next litter.  they said that
>all the ferrets from that litter had been acting wierd...

Hi wink,

I'm not gonna flame just want to tell you something.  We overhere have a
little critter to.  Flory, she was our second ferret and we "took" her
because our first one Tarka started to bite out of bore.  We got her from
the shelter here in Holland and they told us she could bite.  I didn't know
then how hard it would be.  We can't pick her up with our bare hands she
will bite in an instand.  She bites to the bone and try to "kill" the
subject she is holding.  She only had the chance to bite me tweice (in 2
years) once in my thumb and about 2 months ago in my finger.  This time she
damaged me the most because I'm still not able to use my hand properly.  We
always told ourselves and others that she is a ferret just to look at.  We
took her for our first ferret as a playmate not for us to hug, we can do
that with the other ones, our 6 year old daugther knows how to handle her
and they get along very well.  She hobs, plays and does all the things
ferrets are supposed to but she is anti(almost)-human.  Bad luck for us but
no reason (FOR US) to put her away.  I have some personal difficulties
understanding why you guys handle a biting ferret this way but thats my
problem and not for you to get attacked by me, just wanted you guys to know
that there is a way to live with a critter.  BTW imagne her about a ruler
long and very skinny and Tarka almost tweice the size of her and about 5
times as havy.

Now we have 8 fuzzies and all get along perfectly.

Bye from Astrid in HOlland :0)