From:
Donovan Finch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 10:13:18 -0400
This is probably paronoia on my part, but here goes.  I have a very
lively happy ferret that eats fne and poops fine (regular and normal
looking) isnt tired at all, loves to play and drinks normally.  However
she seems to have lost weight.  I'm feeding her extra and giving her a
1/2 teaspoon of ferretvite everyday until she plumps up abit.  I keep
Marshal food available for them and feed them meat (boiled or baked
chicken, steak fat if I cook steak that day, sometimes pork or sometimes
ham) everyday.  I just discovered recently that the housecat was stealing
the ferets meat at night.  We had had the cat for a couple months before
I noticed the food theft.  I get the feeling that the cat was sneaking
off with all the ferrets meat for those months.  (now the cat cant get
to the ferrets food.)

Would a sudden loss of meat in her diet and only eating dry food
contribute to weight loss?  Again, its not severe weight loss, just
enough to notice, and she has no other symptoms (I poured over my books).

Thanks.

Don