Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:12:51 -0800
Hey all,

I had to add to this.  I love my fuzzies to pieces.  But instead of
battling to keep the bedroom spotless and ordor free for my SO who has the
best sense of smell of anyone I've ever met, I argued with my him to not
have carpet.  I put lineolium down just recently, the bedroom only had a
concrete floor as it was just built.  I love it!  It's so easy to clean
up after little accidents.  It wasn't cheap ($1,690) cause we have a huge
bedroom, but it's well worth it and pretty.  I got the one that looks like
wood flooring.  And besides, it's fun to the watch the fuzzies try and get
a foot hold on it to run.  Slip sliding away.. ;-)  It's also easier to
drag them around on a towel across it.  Boy, am I trained or what!!

The other down fall is if I go anywhere, I worry my head off about them.
I usually don't go anywhere because of that.  But my 74 year old mom and I
are going to AR in April to do some geneaolgy research, I'll have to hire
someone to come take care of them (and my chickens) if my SO thinks he'll
be too busy working to take care of them.  There's no place around here
to board ferrets since they are outlaws.

Another down fall: finding a good vet!  I took them in last week to get
distemper shots.  I told them on the phone last week I did not want
feravac-D I wanted Merials Purevax.  I got there (an hour drive one way)
and they only had the feravac!  I told the vet I would not chance it.  He
has never seen a reaction or heard of one, so I assume he hasn't really
seen that many ferrets.  He was nice enough to apoligize and offered not
to charge me the office visit when I go back for the correct vaccine next
week.

Fuzzy hugs,
Patty and the outlaws: Podo, Dusty, Taz, and Snowball
missing Konan, Kiki, Kashsa, Milo, and Annie