From:
Marsha Stanek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 11:28:06 -0500
Thanks to the FML and the friendships developed because of our love for
ferrets.

Two years ago I started emailing back and forth with Sandy Streit from
Portland, Oregon regarding the quilt she was making for a fund raiser for
the OFA.  Sandy has urged me to come out from Wisconsin for the Ferret Fun
Match - and this year - I got a good price on an airplane ticket and off I
went.

Sandy has to be one of the most entertaining and congenial hosts of which
one could ever dream.  Amy Evers (also a really fun gal) of Bend, OR joined
us that night and Jeanne Carley the next night.  We saw all the sights of
Portland in those five days.  The Ferret Fun Match was a part of the Rose
Festival.  The waterfalls, the mountains, the parade, plus we spent a day
at the coast and actually got to see a whale while boating on the ocean.

The Ferret Fun Match was so much fun.  All the friendly people and many
cute and clever ferrets made it so enjoyable.  It was great meeting Jeanne
Carley, whom I consider the high priestess of ferret liberation due to her
efforts on behalf of California ferrets.  Putting faces with FML
contributors and meeting their fuzzies was delightful.  Of course, all
those ferrets that won ribbons should be grateful that I left my five at
home.  Otherwise, those Wisconsin Weasels would have won it all!!  It was
the first vacation that I haven t suffered from ferret withdrawal.

Thanks to Sandy, Amy , Jeanne and the OFA for wonderful memories.