From:
FerretHill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 16:14:26 -0600
Okay,

I was tolerating (and sometimes amused by) Ed Lipinski's postings up to
this one where I read:

>h, and on another note of import to me, especially since I've had two
>ferrets from the homosexual community, and both gave copious kisses, is
>there even a remote possibility that HIV/AIDS could be transmitted via
>the ferret's saliva from the saliva of the ferret's previous owner, whose
>lover died of AIDS just prior to giving up this ferret?  Seems a little
>scary to me.  Wasn't HIV/AIDS transmitted from the monkey to man
>originally?  I recall that it was.  Could it also be transmitted from
>ferret to man?  Hmmm.

Just what is Edward's obsession with the Gay community?  First, it is the
rainbow flag, which by the way symbolizes diversity in people, that might
have something to do with the rainbow bridge (they just use the same colors
for @@%^$ sakes!).  And then now this fear that the ferrets from HIV+ Gay
men will get the HIV virus.  I have lost dear friends to AIDS (for your
information, they were not all gay or drug users like some people think).
I have kissed them on the lips many a times and know very well that the
risk of getting transmissed is next to non-exist.  As for the possiblity of
transmission of AIDS from apes or monkeys or whatever is still unfounded.
That's right, it is still just a theory.  NO ONE knows where the virus
orginated.

If you wanted to ask if it was possible for the ferrets to carry the virus,
then why not just simply ask that?  I would doubt that since the ferret
is a different species than the apes/monkeys/humans but I don't know.
However, knowing that gay men and womyn has kept cats, dogs, horses,
hamsters, fish, and yes ferrets, as had the heterosexuals for years and
years, and with the alarming rising rate among the hetrosexuals nowadays
who may also own those pets, what does this tell you?  I would think
reports of HIV+ pets would be showing up if they do get the virus.  For
those ferrets to infect you, you will have a better change of getting
struck by lighting and THEN be hit by a crashing plane.  (Well I don't
know the chances but you get the idea).

One has to be careful when letting the mind run wild with ideas such as Ed
has demostrated, it can leave a bad or negative impression where it is not
deserved.  Do your research, Ed, I know you are capable of it.

--
Ferrethill and the Fab Four: Soda-Pop, Mocha, Cheswick and Food Stamp

* "Thar ain't no fool like them war-dancing weezels!" *
* IQC number: 35125920                                *