From:
Michael Wozniak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 09:26:23 -0700
Hello Fellow California Ferret Enthusiasts

The California Domestic Ferret Association is sponsoring the Second Annual
CDFA Family Picnic and Open Association Meeting on Saturday August First
(8/1/98) 1998 in Elk Grove, California.  A picnic site has been reserved at
a very large recreational complex right off Highway 99, and every ferret
person, potential ferret person, past ferret person is invited to attend.
No Ferrets Please!!  Ferrets are still illegal in California, and there is
litigation currently in progress regarding the illegality of the domestic
ferret in California, so please, no ferrets at this function.

Since I am the Volunteer Coordinator for the CDFA, I am asking for responses
from persons who would like to help with the picnic.  The picnic starts at
noon, August first, however the park is a very big one.  I will have some
signs, with arrows to direct people to the picnic site.  There will be
barbecue pits available, and we will have them lit.  This is a potluck
picnic, so please, bring the main dish that you would like for yourself,
and bring a dish to share with everyone else.

The CDFA will provide drinks at a nominal charge.  The CDFA is not as
financially solvent as it would like to be, and it will be holding a silent
auction at the picnic.  If you have an item that you would like to donate
to the CDFA for its rescue and education work, to be auctioned off at the
picnic, please bring it.

As a sidebar, the CDFA is sponsoring the second California Ferret Veterinary
Seminar on September 27th, 1998, at the Ontario Airport Marriott Hotel.
We will have veterinarian experts from across the Country speaking on
the health and specific medical needs of the domestic ferret.  If your
veterinarian would like to attend, or if you are a veterinarian or
veterinarian technician who would like to attend, please get in touch with
the CDFA.  <http://www.cdfa.com>

Finally, the CDFA is looking for a newsletter editor.  Someone who has the
time, expertise, and desire to make sure the CDFA newsletter (Ferret Focus)
is maintained and published.  We have had several changes recently and the
person who was to take over the responsibilities didn't.  The newsletter
editor now is currently expected to take a job that includes much traveling.
If you are in California, Northern California would be nice for logistical
reasons, and may be interested in donating a lot of time, energy and
personal resources to the CDFA for this worthy and necessary function,
please contact anyone within the CDFA.

Michael Wozniak

<http://www.cdfa.com>