From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 15:07:40 -0500
>Now, some vets also give a heart stimulant to improve the strength
>of the heart, also.

Depending on the form of cardiomyopathy, it's complications, and it's
level there are a large number of things that are used: just a few
are Lasix (Furosemide); Digoxin, Enacard, supplementary oxygen,
brochiodilators (if memory serves, to ease breathing), several other
heart medswith names I don't recall, CoEnzyme 10 Q, etc.  BTW, there is
no longer a universal upper-limit for Lasix for ferrets; it is dependent
on what the individual will tolerate.

>tests/ultrasound/surgery?  did you get an autopsy done (i know its called
>something else in animals i just cant remember what)

Necropsy -- but folks will understand "autopsy" and it's widely
substituted in.