From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 07:03:00 EDT
I have the spelling of this virus that was discovered this week wrong
most probably.  In any case ,sorry that I didn't write earlier about
this.  We exchange lots of jpgs of our fuzzbutts, so I thought this
important for you to know.  This new virus attaches itself to a .jpg.
As I understand it, it is not particularly viscious though.  In addition,
it may come with an .exe.  So I'm not sure if it would come as a .jpg or
a .zip.  Either way... lets be careful.

When exchanging pics we can:
1) scan even a .jpg mail before you send it, and upon recieving one, keep
   all av software up to date,
2) when sending something, lets make the subject line very personal, and
   have a personal note in the body so we all know it was sent on purpose
   at least.  That way if curious mail comes with little to no body, that
   is odd and impersonal that can be a red flag. :)

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on ferret deafness: