From:
Gina Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 May 1996 11:17:38 -0400
Well, my goodness, where to start!?

Whew, I have finally caught up on my FML reading after a two week trip to
the field to do some real dirt archaeology (I'm usually penned up in the
archaeological lab at work).  Paleface was suitably displeased that he could
not join me in the field to help with the excavation efforts, but he
vacationed nicely at "Grandma's" for the duration.

Allow me to catch up as best as I can!

DAYNA
I could not bear the thought of that little one's pain.  Bless you for your
courage, strength, and compassion.  Words are inadequate to express my
thoughts.  I wish the little guy a joyous recovery and a long and happy
life.  And just for my $.02, I love the name Paw Paw for him!  What a
wonderful suggestion!

DICK B.
Your rescue stories have been so inspiring!  So often we hear of the unhappy
side of rescue/shelter operation.  It is uplifting to know that many of
these sad stories have such positive endings.  Keep 'em coming!  (P.s.: I'm
still reading!  I'll get in touch with you soon re: the rabies quarantine
efforts.)

CHERE AND CO.
Wow!  One good story after another!  Congratulations on the success of your
efforts!  It is great to hear that perserverence will pay off.  You have
worked so hard to bring about positive change.  Thank you for working so
hard for the ferret community.  I believe the HSUS changes are indeed
significant and noteworthy.

CDFA AND CO.
Congratulations!  Congratulations!  While you're not out of the woods yet,
the forest is thinning!  Shame, shame on your stupid governor, but hooray
for the success that you have brought about thus far.  You are another
reminder that people can make a difference when they work together for a
worthwhile cause.

FINALLY, PALEFACE WILL HAVE A LITTLE BROTHER!
Paleface (a.k.a. Bean) will soon have a little brother!  I am so happy!  He
has been an only ferret for too long; he needs someone to look up to him!  ;
) As some of you know, fellow FML'r, Meg, has been blessed with ferret
babies.  Soon, I will be taking one of them home to love and adore.  If we
(Paleface and I) hit it off with him, we will probably welcome baby Spike
into our home.  For those of you who haven't heard of him, he is an adorable
little boy whose hair stands up (thus the name)!  I feel especially fondly
toward him because his health was a little touch and go at first.  He needs
extra love and care, and I hope to give it to him.  I will welcome
suggestions and advice from anyone and everyone regarding the introduction
of a new baby to a more "mature" (but very gently and quiet) ferret.

PITTSBURGH, PA  AREA FERRET PICNIC
The plans are in the works for a Pgh. area ferret picnic to be held on
Sunday, June 23rd, from 1-4pm, probably at Schenley Park.  Everyone is
welcome.  Ferrets are optional, but highly encouraged!  Of course, you need
not own a ferret to attend.  The picnic is planned as an informal
get-together with no specifically scheduled events.  I will be bringing
copies of the Mini-FAQ to distribute to anyone interested.  Bring a drink
and/or light snack if you would like.  Of course bring food and water for
the little guys.  Leashes are required; some sort of a portable carrier is
highly recommended.  If you think that you would like to stop by, please
e-mail or call me for details.  We are still working out the exact location.
Suggestions and/or help would be very welcome!  You can reach me via e-mail
at <[log in to unmask]> or by phone at (412) 643-9494 (eve/home) or (412)
788-2960 (day/work).

Take care, all!

Gina
and